Monday, December 01, 2008

Inspired by - 2

Every time I am disturbed by some event, this is the song I listen to for mental peace and solace: Raghupathy ragahava raja ram



This song is one of the most favorite songs of this great man - Gandhi. His life and his principles have been a source of tremendous strength and courage for me in times of trouble. He is one man whom I always look up to for inspiration.

I was looking for a photograph of Gandhi to upload here but most of the photos I saw portrayed him with a hallow around his head. This is just nonsense. He was but a fellow human like the 6+ billion humans on this planet. The special thing about him was that with patience, perseverance and a stubborn will he cut through his own ego and demons. By placing a hallow around him, which puts him on a pedestal, he becomes yet another of the countless, useless, gods in India. So, I have decided not to put up any photographs.

No comments: