- What is happiness/ unhappiness?
- What is health / sickness?
- What is pleasure/ pain?
- What is wealth / poverty?
- What is truth / untruth?
- In what relation mind exists in the body?
- What is nature of sex pleasure?
- What kind of energy is sex?
- What are conditions in which it flourishes ?
- What are the conditions in which it dies?
- What is violence?
- From where does violence arise?
- What kind of relation is there between what one does and thinks and what one becomes?
- What is it freedom / bondage?
- Who is wise / fool?
- What is it to be saint?
- What is pilgrimage?
- Why did a thing the way it happened?
- Is one free to make what one is or is one determined by some other force : fate or God?
- What is right ordering of one’s relationship with one self and with others?
- What relation does it have with time and place?
- What is governance?
- What are its foundation?
- What is order / disorder?
- What relation they have with time and place?
- What is death?
- What is that which is deathless?
Friday, September 26, 2014
Some questions to ponder
Here are some wonderful questions that the Mahabharatha asks and provides a framework which people can use to discover their answers for themselves. Feeling the need to seriously engage with all of these!
From the first chapter of the book "The Mahabharata - An enquiry in the human condition" by Mr Chaturvedi Badrinath.