Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Cucumber laws

If it were not so horrendously sad, I would be laughing like mad at this. A report in the telegraph points out why Al-Qaeda stands alienated in Iraq. They had the following laws:
  • They have banned women from buying suggestively shaped vegetables viz cucumber.
  • Killed female goats as their private parts were not covered as their tails point upwards.
  • No icecream because it did not exist in the time of the prophet.
Before I go on, I should say that we need to take the news with a small pinch of salt as we know that falsehood about opposition can spread in times of war. Despite that, I beleive Al-Qaeda has the capability to do these things. Extending this, does it mean men should not buy water melons, tomatoes, lemons, apples, oranges and the ilk? Ha ha ha. Of couse, we can make all sort of conclusions if the initial premise is absurd enough. I want to laugh like mad but I feel sad for the woman who dared to buy cucumbers, carrots etc for her personal use and was caught in the act (puns intended) :D.


No comments: