Thursday, August 25, 2005

Blogs that I read

Thought Id list down some of the blogs that I read regularly and give my comments on them. Heyyyyyy, I can almost see that expression on your face - at this very moment arent you thinking "this bugger says that he is so damn busy with this core dumped issue that has beseiged him but has still got the time to publish four posts in a span of 48 hours. What the heck does he think???"
Well, honestly, I am very busy. I have been working for more than 12 hours a day in the last week but I do get some time during the course of my work. Basically there is a process called make, which builds the binary (for the Windows literate but Linux illiterate, this is something like your EXE). This process needs to be done everytime you do some change to the code and you want to test it. This takes about 15 minutes. So I manage to conceive something and put it here. OK, enough of the crap and let me come to the point.

The primary contributor here is Kumar Alagappan (a) Dog, one of my close friends from VIT. Please dont ask me why he got that alias. It is far too hilarious to be described in words. Honestly, you need to be an absolute third rate moron to not name him that after seeing dog do that. hehe... I better stop here. Doggie is coming over to India after his masters at NCSU and I might get castrated for this.

OK, coming to his blog. It is actually a pretty neat one. You can get some serious stuff, some funny stuff and hold your breath, some mega serials too. Yes, this dog has already written the story, screenplay and the dialogues for two mega serials (a T.Rajendar in the making). The first one was in three parts and the second one in four parts. Whilst the protagonist in the second one was an young lad, a middle aged man in the gulf was the protagnoist in the first. IMO, the first one was simply superb. The bugger actually built up a lot of suspense by publishing the three parts over a period of 2.5 months. I guess almost everyone who reads his blog were blown over by that. Enough said, read it yourself. It is titled "Insecurities of a Middle aged Indian Expatriate". Of course there are other blogs too that are worth a read.

'Oka' is the owner of the above two blogs. The second blog is now defunct (but you can still read the archives) and the first one is very active. I dont know this person and neither does he know me but I got the link to his blog from another friend and from that day I have been checking his blog everyday hoping that there would be a new post available everyday. I just have one sentence to descirbe the posts there. Absolutely, outrageoulsy funny. This guy really writes well and has got a sense of humour which would make the likes of many a bollywood/hollywood/kollywood/"what not" comedian envious. Mind you, this is not a jobless fellow scibbling some crap. He is actually an IIM-A grad in the making. I actually spent a whole working day (I was supposed to be reading Simple Network Management Protocol that day) reading all of the archives in his blog. (Of course I was laughing all day reading this but failed miserably in the SNMP test) This blog is guaranteed to have you in splits.

A few people actually post here but the guy who posts most of the stuff is one Mr.Durvasula Karthik (a) DK, honestly a name that evoked feelings of one of the angry rishis in Indian mythology in me the first time I heard it. But, as it often turns out, he is actually a very affable person with a good sense of humour. You can get a variety of stuff in his blog. Some real serious stuff to some not so serious stuff. Not eveyone may like his blog but anyone who reads his blog can certainly appreciate the clarity in his thought and the quality of his english. Obviously, this is one guy who heeded his hearts calling and took up a Masters in Linguistics after a Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering. Such actions are not exactly very common in India. If your wavelength matches his, then youd really appreciate some of the stuff that is posted there.

If you have the time, do visit the blogs and read the stuff out there. Your time would certainly be well spent.

No comments: