Monday, May 21, 2007

First Sunday

First day in my effort to have a zero electricity day every week was a reasonable success. Did not switch on my laptop and had my mobile switched off the whole day. But had to use hot water to take bath due to the cold. Also had to switch on the exhaust fan in the washroom as the fire alarm would go on without it. So, considering that these two were inevitable, I should say it went on reasonably well.

The first thing I noticed was that, I had more time with me :). No useless orkutting, no pointless instant messaging and no directionless browsing and hence more time. Spent the time reading 'The Tao of physics' by Fritjof Capra. Awesome book, read it when you find the chance. Not having the mobile was a bit of pain. Didnt note down numbers elsewhere and didnt know the time of buses. But, next time I will be prepared.

Overall, I didnt have any revelations as I was not plugged on to the grid :), but I had some kinda satisfaction for my two cents worth effort and lots of time to do a lot of other long pending things. Lesse how this goes next week.

No comments: