Friday, May 08, 2009

Dear Software engineers

Please, for christs sake, write software that obeys me!

Having been a software engineer myself in the past, I know its hard to write software that does exactly what it is meant to do and not do anything that it is not supposed to. But, it is not that hard to write software that can be aborted by the user at will.

It is extraordinarily frustrating when a software does something that I do not want it to do and there is no way for me to abort it. Most often such software sends the CPU usage and my BP to the roof! So, please, write software that can be aborted by the user at will!

2 comments:

Steven Cheng said...

Dear Partha,

We have considered your feature request and will hold a requirements meeting to determine its feasibility and possible inclusion in our methodology future task item checklist.

Partha said...

haha.. thank you, dear software engineer! :)