Thursday, May 07, 2009

Doctors

I have sometimes passed sarcastic comments about doctors who charge exorbitant fees for treatment. I usually prefer to call them vendors (albeit with a good service). The ugly thing here is that for most people, there are rarely any alternatives and it is indispensable for them to go to these vendors. I used to get quite irked by this situation and that resulted in those sarcastic comments that I have spoken.

Such not so non-violent comments of mine are not to be condoned. I am working on trying to not talk like this. I have of course come across lots of supremely committed and dedicated doctors. The time has come for me to publicly appreciate one such doctor who has touched my life.

A doctor named Dr. Surendran performed a major surgery on a near and dear one for about 4 hours and then took care of his hospitalization for the next 10 days. For all this superlative effort, he charged a super paltry amount which was less than 2% of the total hospitalization bill!!! Almost everyone whom I have spoken to about this have been taken aback by this! Kudos and heartfelt appreciation to this great doctor!

No comments: