Sunday, April 19, 2009

Absent minded Me

I am usually not absent minded but I just realized that I have been doing a ridiculously absent minded thing for the last two months.

The main number keys (the ones above the alphabets) on my keyboard does not work but the ones on the right extreme of the keyboard works. So, in order to key in numbers I should have used the ones in the side. I did use them but in a very weird away. I somehow decided that to obtain digits, I need to use Alt + Ascii code of digit!!! For example, to obtain zero, instead of pressing zero, I was using Alt + 4 + 8 :D.

For obtaining symbols like *, @ etc.., I needed to to combine Alt with Ascii values but it was obviously not needed for numbers!

My first experience with total absent mindedness for such a long time :).

3 comments:

Karthik said...

I am guessing that this is something only you can/will do. But, யோகிக்கும் அடி சறுக்கும்! ;)

Partha said...

hehe.. it did feel very very odd when I realized what I was doing :)

Saravanan Mathialagan said...

dae partha

koncham kanduko da .. i have reached chennai .. dont forget to call me .. :-)