Wednesday, April 15, 2009

உயிர் எழுத்துகளில் குறள்

I was thinking if it is possible for me to recollect one thirukural (kural) from memory that begins with every uyir ezhuthu (this is translated as vowel in wikipedia; and I am not sure if I agree with that translation). It was quite easy for the letters அ, ஆ, இ, ஈ, உ, ஊ and எ. For the letters ஏ and ஒ, it took me sometime to recollect a kural from memory. I could not recollect any kural starting with the letters ஐ and ஓ from memory but managed to find them after briefly scanning through a kural book. Lastly, I still do not know a kural that starts with ஔ.

This is an interesting intellectual exercise and if you know something about kurals, you could try it out :). Ill post the kurals that I have in mind for all the letters except ஔ in the comments later on. In the meanwhile, if someone knows a kural starting with ஔ, please do let me know.

PS: Finally, after three years with blogger, I figured how to put a title to my posts :D

No comments: