Sunday, March 07, 2010

10 things before I die

10 things I want to do before I die (not in any particular order of preference)!

1.) Be totally silent for hundred days (one month at least)

2.) Have a year where I do proper asana (solid 1.5 hrs practice) at least 300 times!

3.) Look at the full moon from different natural surroundings - from deep within the sea, from besides a river, from a mountain, from a desert!

4.) Have sex with a woman I have tender feelings for on a grass bed with dew on it, in a natural setting! (without getting into youtube :D)

5.) Plant a lot of trees ~ at least 1000. Not fund it. Physically plant them and tend to them.

6.) Learn basic farming - be able to handle a small farm at least.

7.) Learn some basic dance - to be able to dance, without being an eye sore, to many forms of music.

8.) Learn to cook / bake a good variety of things

9.) Go on some big treks in the Himalayas

10.) Live a year without reading anything


Let me know what your list is! Either by mail or as comments here!


PS: Decided to not leave 4 out after lengthy personal debate!

6 comments:

Naveen said...

ha ha ha, brilliant maams! enlessly inspiring you are. i don't have a list as such, but many of these things would be on mine as well esp the himalayas and the sex. but certainly not the asana! :p

lets try and find that farm, and plant those trees and dance those dances.

primarily if there is one thing i always want to 'do', its to listen to one's heart and hear god's soft voice speaking out of there.

Unknown said...

Full moon from different places? Very interesting. Says a lot about you, or I could be going Jungian (Carl) on you for no reason!

Basic farming, gardening are on my list too. There's something about the earth on your hands. Says so much more than all the books.

Himalayas! What do I say? How can the mountains and the meandering Ganga embrace you like a child. Nothing like the Himalayas. Being born in India, we should not miss out on taking a yathra to this place - not a trek, a yathra!

Partha said...

@Naina - sure da! sheikh has promised to buy land for a farm, lets plant a bunch of them there and in any other place too!

@Anupama - I have no clue what Carl Jung has to say about people who want to look at the full moon. I can may be say a few things to people who dont want to :P

Karthik said...

I have two right off my head - things that have touched my adi naadham.
#1. Play one of Bach's Cello Suites before I die.
#2. Come to terms with the beauty of IR's fusion piece in How To Name It based on .

A third generic one - Do something practical, useful, from the bottom of my heart and know-how/why. Like, travelling to a place, to a culture, and recording/offering commentary on their lives.

As Naveen says, a lot of these things are probably common between us. Go farms! Go Himalayas! Go dances around the fire with the sweet smell of the earth around us!

Karthik said...

Oh I missed the Bach piece - Partita in E Major. Here is the fused piece. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Lex86hSIy4

Karthik said...

Cooking - when I cook, I find that my choices of what I use are driven by some random force. So I want to learn to cook meals where I know what I am doing. And be, creative from that know-how. Not some random biases that I pick up from the internet. The basic objective is that the meal must be healthy, must use special additives (spices etc) a) to get the particular food cooked appropriately b) to add the flavors appropriate for the food's flavor. The final product must be rich, yet simple. Basically, must learn to do a bit of cooking, the way it is supposed to be done. To feed people to keep them healthy and active. :)