Friday, March 05, 2010

JK on fear and escape

JK on fear and escape from Commentaries on Living
Another person: "Then my fear arises from my own hollowness, my insufficiency. I see that all right, and it is true; but what am I to do about it?"

JK: You cannot do anything about it. Whatever you do is an activity of escape. That is the most essential thing to realize. Then you will see that you are not different or separate from that hollowness. You are that insufficiency. The observer is the observed emptiness. Then if you proceed further, there is no longer calling it loneliness; the terming of it has ceased. If you proceed still further, which is rather arduous, the thing known as loneliness is not; there is a complete cessation of loneliness, emptiness, of the thinker as the thought. This alone puts an end to fear.

No comments: