Wednesday, April 11, 2007

"Vazhvae thavam, Anbe Sivam"
Vazhvae Thavam

Every time I sit for morning meditation, I would feel very peaceful to detach myself from normal work and I would feel like doing a wonderful thing which alleviates me to higher planes. Nowadays I realize that neither spirituality stops in 1 hour meditation nor religion stops in a temple, it’s the life, a boon given to us itself is spirituality or religion or call whatever you want to call that.

Anbe Sivam

This is a life driven by love and this life according to me is given to achieve love. The biggest ever you will achieve in this life is love, which is nothing but God himself. For a period of time I felt 'Anbe Sivam' as an abstract statement but later realized that this is how life is interconnected,
when there is pure love there is always truth,
when there is truth there is always happiness,
when there is happiness there is always satisfaction,
when there is satisfaction there is always peace.

It boils down to "Vazhvae thavam, Anbe Sivam".

The real achievement is the search for love, anything other than that is all temporary. I can prove this by asking you to sit silently for 10 minutes and mull over this statement. Well coming to the point which I would like to express in this column, life should have been a platform of spirituality, over which a material platform (any work) should have been constructed. I feel it’s totally reverse now. We search life completely outside and not inside, and this imbalance results in destruction. You can see that currently.

Coming again to the discussions we had previously over technology and its bad results. I’m sure if scientist or politicians or capitalist if they had a spiritual platform would have definitely produced a product realizing its after effects and so that they would have not produced only.
The so called 'great achivement' of Nuclear Energy, plastics would be very appealing to the above statement. Its not the scientist alone to blame. Neither would we have satisfied with this life would have not kept on searching for technology and outside development till this life ends. We search money till 50 years and try to live a peaceful life for 10 years. I can’t accept this atleast.

This all makes me think and redefine life from what I'm currently doing. I'm still searching from where it is lost. I hope I find it.

-Saravanan Mathialagan

4 comments:

BadhriNath said...

i will accept the post till the last para :) Science & technology are needed, so are its inventions and discoveries. They should be in proper responsible hands. Thats the point.

Just because the skin is full of boils, I dont agree killing the man inside.

everything has its place and part to play in this world and nature is mature enuf as is. jus that when we test it too much the tester gets wiped off. simple :)

Saravanan Mathialagan said...

Awesome Badhri.
Quite encouraging for me ...
I wrote this early morning when I sat for morning meditation. We should soon find the shortest path to truth, in this lost matrix . :-)

skay said...

Nice Post.. Do read the book 'Angels and Demons'.. Its by the same author who wrote Da Vinci Code.. Dan Brown.. Though a complete fiction story and one that is a prequel of Da Vinci Code.. the comparison btwn science and religion.. its interpretation and significance is remarkably explained and expressed in it..

Saravanan Mathialagan said...

Thanks Skay. I will read it as I get a chance ..