Thursday, August 06, 2009

Autobiography in Five Chapters

Autobiography in Five Chapters

I read this super amazing piece of wisdom yesterday. Thanks to Naveen for posting this on Facebook.

1) I walk down the street.
There is a deep hole in the sidewalk
I fall in.
I am lost . . . I am hopeless.
It isn't my fault.
It takes forever to find a way out.

2) I walk down the same street.
There is a deep hole in the sidewalk.
I pretend I don't see it.
I fall in again.
I can't believe I’m in the same place.
But it isn't my fault.
It still takes a long time to get out.

3) I walk down the same street.
There is a deep hole in the sidewalk
I see it is there.
I still fall in . . . it's a habit
My eyes are open
I know where I am
It is my fault.
I get out immediately.

4) I walk down the same street.
There is a deep hole in the sidewalk
I walk around it.

5) I walk down another street.

2 comments:

Naveen said...

pre-conventional, conventional, post-conventional? :)

Sneha said...

Very nice :)